Since the Super Bowl isn’t broadcasted until late Sunday afternoon, you have time to head up to Blue Mountain Resort in Palmerton this weekend to experience some winter fun. And you don’t have to be a skier or boarder to enjoy what “the Blue” has to offer.
Blue Mountain kicks off their annual Winter Fest that’s intended to get folks outside and have some fun, according to Melissa Yingling, Blue Mountain Marketing Specialist.
Yingling goes on to say that they’ve teamed up with Cooper Electric and St. Luke’s University Health Network to bring outdoor, winter fun to anyone looking to relieve their cabin fever.
The activities planned for Saturday (Feb. 4) and Sunday (Feb. 5) include the following:
* USA Olympic Luge Team – try out the track ages 10-and over
* Snowshoe Demo’s with Eastern Mountain Sports
* Ice Carving
* Dog Sledding
* Roaming Magicians
* Snowmaking Tours
* Snowflake search – find the snowflakes on the Mountain and return for prizes
* Snowtubing with Carver
* Carver’s Coloring Contest
* Live Entertainment at Slopeside Pub & Grill and Last Run Lounge
* Fireworks Saturday at 6 p.m.
And the best part. This is all free with loads of free parking.
Winterfest kicks off Sat. from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sun. 10 a.m., - 2 p.m. For more information and directions to the resort check www.skibluemt.com, or call them at 484-523-3864.
Nick Hromiak has been an outdoors and automotive writer for over 30 years. He's been published in numerous national and state-wide outdoor magazines and newspapers.